President Cantonment Board
The Station Commander of the Army is the Ex-officio President of the Cantonment Board. At present Brig. B.K. Rattanpal , is the President of the Cantonment Board Delhi.
The duties of the President are as follows :-
- It shall be the duty of the President, Cantonment Board :-
- Unless prevented by reasonable cause, to convene and preside at all meetings of the Board and to regulate the conduct of business
- to control, direct and supervise the financial and executive administration of the Board;
- to perform all the duties and exercise all the powers specially imposed or conferred on the President by or under this Act; and
- subject to any restrictions, limitations and conditions imposed by this Act, to exercise executive power for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act.
- incase of grass misconduct during the course of meeting to suspend a member other than a Chief Executive Officer from attending the un-conduct part of the meeting of the Board.
- The President may, by order in writing, empower the Vice-President to exercise all or any of the powers and duties referred to in Cl. (c) of sub-section (1) other than any power, duty or function which he is by resolution of the Board expressly forbidden to delegate.
- The exercise of discharge of any powers, duties or functions delegated by the President under this section shall be subject to such restrictions, limitations and conditions, if any, as may be laid down by the President and to the control of , and to revision by the President.
- Every order made under sub-section (2) shall forthwith be communicated to the Board and to the General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Command.